If you are a business owner or you are planning on opening a new business in 2020, you must have asked yourself already what is the best marketing strategies for your business.
In the late years, traditional marketing strategies are less preferred over digital marketing strategies. They have become highly advanced as they allow you to reach out to wider audiences without having to go to their doors.
We can see the huge impact that digital marketing has had in the last few years. Looking at advertising alone, these eMarketer predictions show how the duopoly of Facebook and Google dominate paid media investments online, although offline media buys remain important for many larger brands.
In this article, I’ll explore seven of the best digital marketing strategy and trends for your business in 2020:
- Social media marketing
- Content marketing
- Influencer marketing
- Affiliate marketing
- Email marketing
- Paid advertising
- Search engine optimization
SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING
What is social media marketing?
Social media marketing involves the use of social media platforms and websites to promote products and services. It helps the companies to track the progress, success, and engagement of ad campaigns. Listed below are the different types of social media channels that you can target for promoting your products.
Types of social media marketing:
- Twitter: This platform is ideal for those who want to say more in lesser words.
- Linkedin: This platform is ideal for B2B marketing and for sharing product insights.
- Facebook: This platform is suitable for sharing live ads and creative for brand awareness and targeting people with similar interests.
- Snapchat: Itis ideal for engaging with the users and allows you to show immense creativity.
- Instagram: On this platform, users aren’t just active — they’re engaged. More than half of the platform’s active users visit the site daily, and 35% say they check it multiple times a day
Social media marketing seems to be one of the leading and best marketing strategies in the latest years. Utilizing the social media platform takes a lot of consideration as you need to analyze the content, timings, and the trends that are going to work for you in the long run. Social media marketing is a great way to reach out to global audiences and create an impact on people.
Social media can solve a number of business problems, from launching your product and generating brand awareness, to generating quality leads or purely driving sales.
As an expert social media consultancy, we have an end-to-end knowledge of how to use it to achieve your objectives and how it integrates with other channels.
What is content marketing?
Content marketing is a form of marketing focused on creating, publishing, and distributing content for a targeted audience online.
Content has become the king these days, and brands need to keep on creating new forms of content in order to increase user engagement. There are multiple ways of promoting products through content marketing, some of which are as follows:
- Video content: Short product-based videos leaving a powerful message will make you a hit instantly.
- Guest blogging: To ensure the credibility of your content and prove your thought leadership, it is necessary that you write for other websites as well.
- Website Content: Website content acts as the first impression on the users and should convey the key aspects of your brand. Make sure that you use SEO tactics to optimize the page and improve its Google ranking.
- Case Studies: If you are into the B2B industry, then case studies can act as proof of the work that you have done for your clients and how well you were able to provide them the right solution for the challenges that they were facing.
- Social media copy: Short copy conveys a lot in lesser words and has currently been used on social media platforms.
- Influencer’s content: An influencer is someone in your niche or industry with sway over your target audience. Influencers have specialized knowledge, authority or insight into a specific subject. Their pre-existing presence in a niche makes them a useful launching pad for brands in search of credibility.
What is influencer marketing?
Influencer marketing is considered as a combination of both old and new marketing tools where you consider celebrity endorsement while promoting the brand and place them into your content-driven marketing campaign. It would be best if you built collaborations between the influencers and brands in order to form an effective influencer marketing strategy. There are different ways of initiating influencer marketing.
Types of influencer marketing:
- Brand collaborations: If you have sufficient followers on your social media accounts, you will be approachable to the brands as they would want to consider you for promoting their brands.
- Paid partnerships: Paid partnerships involve acting as a brand representative on your social media accounts.
- Sponsored blog posts: Under this, the influencers are paid for reviewing the brand as they are considered to make an influence on the people who would then want to buy the product that the brands are proposing.
- Brand Ambassador Programs: Brand ambassadors act as a bridge between the customers and the brand and help in promoting the product to wider audiences.
What is affiliate marketing?
Affiliate marketing is the subset of performance-based marketing in which the businesses reward the affiliates for every visitor or customer for marketing efforts. Affiliate marketing is a popular tactic to drive sales and generate significant online revenue. Extremely beneficial to both brands and affiliate marketers, the new push towards less traditional marketing tactics has paid off.
Types of affiliate marketing:
- Search affiliates: the users need to spend their own money in order in order to leverage the search engines, initiate Facebook, and other forms of paid advertising models, which help in generating RIO for themselves.
- Blogging: such types of affiliates are useful when you are considering to post reviews about your products.
- Coupon sites: these are ideal for those who are coupons on to avail offers on their website.
- Loyalty Portals: these are ideal for those who have a large membership base and wish to send out an offer to their loyal customers.
What is email marketing?
Email marketing allows you to send a commercial message to potential customers to ensure that they covert back. Every email that you send to the customers can be considered as a source for email marketing. It basically involves sending out advertisements, request businesses, solicit sales, as well as donations. Email marketing can be divided into parts which are as follows:
Types of email marketing:
- Cold emails
- Welcome emails
- Tutorials and Tips Emails
- Customer Stories
- Brand Stories
- Re-engagement Emails
- Transactional Emails
- Time-Sensitive Promotions
- Receipts Emails
- Sales Follow-ups
- Review Requests
What is paid advertising?
Paid advertising involves paying for the ads that you wish to run across the online platforms. Every social media platform has its independent pricing scheme depending on which you are provided a time frame for running your ads. These are effective for reaching out to wider audiences and spreading the word about your brand.
Types of paid advertising:
- Search ads: These ads appear in the search results, i.e., the first page that you see when you search for a keyword.
- Display ads: These are specifically meant for those people whom you are targeting for selling your product. The ads appear according to online user behavior.
- Social media ads: These ads are specific to the social media channels that you are targeting and have different functioning. Brands need to figure out which platform would suit them best and how well they should utilize it to gain growth.
- Remarketing Ads: The remarketing ads are ideal for engaging with wider audiences.
- Local service ads: These ads are basically meant for offering local services such as repairing, garage door services, and more.
SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMIZATION
What is search engine optimization?
Search engine optimization is a key part of online marketing because search is one of the primary ways that users navigate the web. In 2014, over 2.5 trillion searches were conducted worldwide across search engines such as Google, Bing, Yahoo, Baidu, and Yandex. For most websites, traffic that comes from search engines (known as “natural” or “organic” traffic) accounts for a large portion of their total traffic. Therefore, search engine optimization (SEO) is the art and science of getting pages to rank higher in search engines such as Google.
Search Engine Optimisation services have been proven as the most reliable long-term solution for marketing a business online. It works to promote the prominence of a web page or a website when a customer uses a search engine to get “natural” or organic results. With this strategy in place, you will no longer need to rely on expensive short term solutions such as pay per click (PPC) and will be able to achieve a lasting online success
Types of Search Engine Optimization:
There are three major types of SEO:
- On-page SEO
- Technical SEO
- Off-page SEO
Technical SEO is defined by configurations that can be implemented to the website and server (e.g. page elements, HTTP header responses, XML Sitemaps, redirects, metadata, etc.). Technical SEO work has either a direct or indirect impact on search engine crawling, indexing and ultimately ranking. As such, Technical SEO doesn’t include analytics, keyword research, backlink profile development or social media strategies.
On-page SEO, at its most fundamental dimension, is the act of improving your site’s pages and posts.
Our on-page SEO service is all about creating a natural and rewarding experience for your visitors that also tells search engines what they need to know. We’ll make sure to include phrases identified by keyword research in your SEO meta tags (such as page title and meta description) as well as your onsite copy.
Though on-page optimization is still (and will always be) important, off-page optimization is where you should be focusing at especially if you want to rank in extremely competitive niches.
Off-page optimization takes a lot of time and expertise, but it can be one of the best investments you will ever make for your website. Done right, off-page optimization can drastically improve your website’s search visibility.
Why is SEO so important and what good brings to your business?
Quality of traffic: You might be able to attract all the website visitors globally, but that would not fetch you revenue or sales as you are randomly targeting people. It is necessary to reach out to the relevant people who are interested in the products that you have to offer. This can only be possible with the help of search engine optimization as it would help in finding the cream of the crop and enable you to target the right people who are genuinely interested in your product.
Quantity of traffic: The quantity of traffic automatically improves when the right people click through the search engine results page in order to improve the traffic flow.
Organic results: Ads take up most of the SERPs, and if you are attracting organic traffic, then you do not need to pay for the same.
Also, this year SEO seems to be one of the best marketing strategies for any business online. If you are looking for a trusted and reliable search engine optimization company, Smai the number one name that you can trust to deliver you the results for your business.
All these digital marketing strategies, when combined together in the right manner depending on the requirements of your brand and the products that you want to promote, will garner you significant exposure and get your customers and revenue in the long run. Learn more about the ways in which you can strategize your digital marketing game and promote your products on a large scale.